LOOKING AHEAD TO 2015
Now is the time for all good Democrats to stand up for their beliefs and get into the 2015 municipal races. Whether as a candidate, as a volunteer on a campaign team, and/or as an active committee person, each of us can make a difference here and now . . . a difference all will see on the primary and general election days in 2015.
By being involved, you will get to know more Democrats, have the opportunity to talk about issues you care about, help LCDC be a visible presence, and ensure that Democrats take meaningful roles in local government.
The 2015 election presents a wide range of opportunities for Democrats to run for public office. Democrats across the city and county should start now to focus on running or supporting good candidates. That’s why we exist and why we have been working to build and strengthen the party.
[The period for filing petitions is February 17th through March 10th; the Campaign Committee will provide more detailed information.]
Writing new year’s resolutions? How about learning new skills in 2015 – bone up on Votebuilder, have fun with fundraising, write letters to the editor, and get to know the Democrats in your neighborhood?
As for LCDC, we need some new year’s resolutions as well.
Some goals are obvious:
- Register voters and get Democrats out to vote.
- Support our candidates
- Refining our financial reporting and budgeting process
- Helping to create the State Party’s Hispanic Caucus
- Filling vacant positions in our organization
- Fielding a full Election Day support team of greeters and poll watchers
- Finding coordinators for Volunteers, for Issues, and for Training
- Building a reserve fund
- Making building repairs
- Supporting and encouraging the Young Dems and the Democratic Women
- Holding house parties and district events
- Upgrading our computer and printing facilities
- Reviewing our strategic plan and developing a long-range financial plan
- Growing the party in numbers and volunteers
- Raising more money.
The more we do, the more it seems we want to do! Congratulations to the Lebanon County Democrats for a great year in 2014.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve and work with you.
Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season with family and friends,
Lois Herr, Chair
Lebanon County Democratic Committee